Graduate Certificate in Leadership Studies
- The Graduate Certificate program offers the same classes as the MA in Leadership Studies program.
- Serves as a stand-alone certificate for students not seeking the commitment of a full master’s degree.
- We offer both online and hybrid (face to face) courses.
- Students can take their courses entirely online, or in class, or do a combination of both.
- Requires a total of 18 credit hours (6 courses) to complete the program.
- Students are required to take all 6 courses. No transfer credits are accepted.
Required credits: 18
|MLS 5300||Contemp Concepts of Leadership||3|
|MLS 5315||Org Theory and Behavior||3|
|MLS 5326||Leadership-Organizatnl Change||3|
|MLS 5331||Leadership Communications||3|
|Choose two course below:||3|
|Applied Research Methods|
|Leadership in Complex Org.|
|Team Based Leadership|
|Ethics & Leadership-Capstone|
|Lead. in Diverse Cultures|
|Lead. Sports, & Comm. Engage|
NOTE: As several of the Graduate Certificate Students we have had already a Master’s degree, the research method course adds no new skill set. Therefore, we choose to replace the MLS 5303 Applied Research Methods with the MLS 5326 Leadership of Organizational Change as it provides a better perspective on how to navigate and adapt to change within the organization. Finally, for those students who do no have a Master’s degree, the MLS 5303 Applied Research Methods course is still available as an elective.