Graduate Certificate in Early Intervention Studies
The Certificate in Early Intervention Studies prepares students to address social, academic, cultural, racial, and political intersections faced by young children with disabilities and their families from birth through age eight. The program offers its students teaching and research mentorship by nationally recognized faculty whose expertise include early intervention policy, pedagogy, curriculum, special education, school, and parent and family engagement.
Upon earning the Early Intervention Studies Certificate, students will be able to do the following:
- Develop and implement individualized programs for young children;
- Direct programs and provide behavioral support and leadership for early intervention and early intervention special education programs and agencies;
- Provide support and guidance to families of children with special needs; and
- Become specialists and employees in community based early intervention centers.
Additionally, the early intervention studies graduates may choose to engage directly with children who have disabilities and their families. Settings include public and private school special education classes, inclusive classes, early intervention programs, Head Start, Early Head Start, public and private child care, the home, hospital settings, and specialized agency programs, and providing goods and services to the general public. The program offers field placements to strengthen knowledge and skills and advance professional interests.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited university;
- Hold an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher;
- Submit a statement of purpose;
- Submit 3 letters of recommendation;
- Submit a resume/curriculum vitae;
- and for international students, a TOEFL minimum score of 550.
|SPED 5351||CurTop in Early Interv (B-8)||3|
|SPED 5352||Behav Inter for Young Ch (B-8)||3|
|SPED 5353||Earl Interv Strat Spe Pop B-8||3|
|SPED 5354||Atypical Childh Develop (B-8)||3|
|SPED 5355||Resrch & App Early Inter B-8||3|